Hit US show The Following will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on 2nd December.
Starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy, the hit show is from creator Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Scream) and executive producer Marcos Siega (Dexter, Damages). The show is a sinister cat and mouse thriller that also stars Anna Parisse (Law & Order), Natalie Zea (Under The Dome), Shawn Ashmore (Smallville), Valorie Curry (Veronica Mars), Nico Tortorella (Scream 4) and Adam Canto (X Men: Days of Future Past).
The synopsis for the show is:
When notorious serial killer Joe Carroll (Purefoy) escapes from death row and embarks on a new killing spree, the FBI calls former agent Ryan Hardy (Bacon), a psychologically scarred veteran to stop him. Working closely with an FBI team, including cult-specialist Debra Parker (Parisse) and sharp upstart Mike Weston (Ashmore), Hardy unearths that Carroll was covertly communicating with a network of followers while in prison. Challenged with an ever-growing web of murders orchestrated by the diabolical Carroll, the FBI quickly learn that they are up against not one, but an entire cult of killers.
Committed to the concept of murder as art, Joe is able to brainwash a legion of recruits to do his bidding on the outside world, and there’s no telling how many of his dedicated followers are out there.
The release features all 15 episodes from The Following’s first season.
Bonus material for the release include:
- The Journal of The Twisted Followers (24 mins)
- From a Dark Place: Maximum Episode Mode of Extended Pilot.
- The Thrill of Horror: The Creator Behind The Following (Featurette)
- The Followers’ Den (Featurette)
- The Cult of Joe Carroll: Inside the Followers (Featurette)
- The Following Production Chronicles (Featurette)
- Two Additional Mini Featurettes
- Audio Commentary – finale episode
- Deleted Scenes