Nashville will be returning in the US for its third season later this month and in the UK early 2015.
If you prefer not to read any spoilers about Nashville’s third season then we suggest you stop reading now. If you want to find out what’s coming up then keep reading.
The season two finale left Rayna James (Connie Britton) with quite the dilemma after Deacon (Charles Esten) proposed to her right after she agreed to marry Luke (Will Chase). Well that’s a bit awkward isn’t it? Who will she choose? Meanwhile Juliette (Hayden Panettiere) came clean to Avery (Jonathan Jackson) and their relationship was left in tatters.
Whilst it was all doom and gloom for those two, Gunnar (Sam Palladio) looked like he was about to reignite his relationsip with Scarlett (Clare Bowen) and Zoey (Chaley Rose) landed a job as Juliette’s backing singer. It wasn’t quite as cheerful for Will (Chris Carmack) who admitted to new wife Layla (Aubrey Peeples) that he was gay and it looks like the whole thing was recorded by the reality TV show they were in the midst of filming for.
Ahead of the season 3 premiere, we’ve rounded up all the latest news about the season so you know what’s coming up.
Rayna’s sister Tandy (Judith Hoag) is expected to be leaving the show after the first two episodes of the season. No news about how or why she leaves has been confirmed as of yet.
New cast additions
- Laura Benanti will play country singer Sadie Stone who is a friend of Rayna’s
- Brette Taylor will play Luke’s back-up singer Pam
- Alexa Vega will play Gunnar’s first love Kiley who is now a struggling single mother
- Dancing With The Stars pro dancer Derek Hough will play Noah West, an actor starring in a Patsy Cline biopic
- Country star Luke Bryan will appear as himself
- Hayden Panettiere’s real-life pregnancy will be written into the show and it’s looking very likely it’ll be a ‘who’s the daddy’ situation following her indiscretion with Jeff Fordham. Team Jeff or Team Avery?
- The season premiere (in the US at least) will feature two musical performances broadcast live. Deacon will perform I Know How To Love You Now and Will will perform the second song.
- Rayna’s decision about who she chooses to marry will be answered in the first episode
- The arrival of Gunnar’s first love Kiley will bring with it the surprise that he may be the father of her young son
- Luke will start to interfere in Deacon’s relationship with Maddie
- Derek Hough’s Noah West will get pulled into Juliette’s world and romance could be on the cards
- Deacon will be drawn to Luke’s new backing singer Pam. This isn’t sounding good for Deacon and Rayna fans is it?
Nashville returns to ABC in the US on 24th September 2014. It is expected to air in the UK on More4 early 2015.