The Walking Dead is back for the rest of its fourth season this week.
If you haven’t seen the first half of the fourth season then stop reading now so we don’t spoil anything for you. If you have seen it, please proceed to the rest of the article.
The mid-season finale, titled Too Far Gone, saw Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and the survivors leave the prison after it was attacked by the Governor (David Morrissey) and his new army). Things went horribly wrong for the Governor after he shockingly murdered Hershel (Scott Wilson) before ending up dead himself at the hands of new girlfriend Lilly (Audrey Marie Anderson).
As the fourth season is about to continue on both sides of the Atlantic, we’ve put together 10 things that we want from the show.
1. Judith to be found alive. We admit it was looking pretty unlikely after Rick and Carl (Chandler Riggs) found her bloody baby carrier but we didn’t actually see her get killed so there’s hope. Surely Rick deserves a bit of a break at some point having already lost so many people?
2. Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Rick to stay friends. There was a little bit of a hint that their relationship could progress past friends but we think that would be a mistake. Michonne is a better match for Darryl (Norman Reedus) and could give him a distraction since Carol (Melissa McBride) was out cast from the group.
3. Speaking of Carol we’d like her to come back. It’s true we’ve not always been a fan of Carol’s but we felt really sorry for her when Rick dumped her in the middle of nowhere after finding out it was her that burned the bodies of two of the group’s infected. Plus Darryl and Carol forever can’t happen if she never comes back can it?
4. Beth to actually get a storyline. We’re still struggling to see the point of Beth and whilst there have been attempts to flesh out her character, she still doesn’t do much. Maybe now Hershel has been killed, she’ll step up and become as ballsy as her sister Maggie (Lauren Cohan).
5. Carl to turn to the dark side. We can’t be the only ones who think that the end game for the series could be a Carl versus Rick battle. Rick has struggled to control his fastly maturing son who has become pretty trigger happy in recent times. If Judith is gone maybe that will send him over the edge and he’ll blame Rick for the demise of the family?
6. Tyreese (Chad Coleman) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) to get killed off. Let’s be honest, does anyone really care about either of these characters? We don’t.
7. Glenn (Steven Yeun) and Maggie to enjoy a bit of happiness. We know it can’t be happy ever after, at least not yet but these two have really been through the wars haven’t they? With Glenn battling the infection and Maggie losing her father it’s been a bleak old season for them so far.
8. Darryl to get something to do again. The character has been massively under-used this season and whilst he’s been keeping Bob (Lawrence Gilliard Jr) in check, he’s not really had a proper storyline since his brother was murdered in season 3. Send him off to look for Carol!!
9. More Lizzie (Brighton Sharbino). The female version of Carl? We think she could be as well as a potential love interest. The two could go to the dark side together perhaps? She proved she was handy with a gun in the mid-season finale and she seems to be able to rally the other kids when she needs to.
10. A return to the creepy horror feel of the first season. We love The Walking Dead don’t get us wrong but there’s not been much in the way of genuine horror this season. We want some proper scares and plenty of jumpy moments.
The Walking Dead airs Sunday 9/8c on AMC in the US and Mondays at 9pm on FOX in the UK.