Arrow has completed its first season run and it emerged as one of the most successful shows of the 2012-13 season proving to be a huge hit for The CW.
Whilst the show had its ups-and-downs over the course of its first year, it was mostly must-watch with strong performances from Stephen Amell and co. The show’s execs have promised to ramp up the action in season 2 which is due to premiere in the autumn.
We list the 10 things we’d like to see over the course of season two:
1. More action. The season finale of Arrow was pretty mind-blowing and the bar has been set very high for the second season. We want more action-packed fight sequences, explosions and grand entrances for Arrow.
2. More Felicity Smoak. We don’t know about you but we fell in love with computer-loving Felicity aka Emily Bett Rickards who became the heart and voice of reason in Oliver’s little crew. By the end of the first season she got much more to do and we hope that continues in season 2.
3. Fewer tales of the island. At first this was an interesting way to tell Oliver’s story but by the end of the first season we just wanted to concentrate on the present day. Oliver’s adventures as Arrow were more interesting than the backstory.
4. More of Stephen Amell shirtless. Ok well they probably couldn’t fit many more shirtless scenes into the second season but as long as they get in at least one per episode we’ll be very happy.
5. Black Canary. Anyone who reads the comics knows that Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) becomes the Black Canary. Will we see that this season? We hope so. It would be nice to see Laurel do more than flit between boyfriends and argue with her father.
6. More Colton Haynes. The decision to cast Colton in the show following his sudden exit from Teen Wolf was a stroke of genius. In the second season we want to see much more of him and we hope his transformation into Red Arrow begins.
7. Storylines for Thea. We feel a bit sorry for Willa Holland as she didn’t get as much action (in any sense) as she deserved in the first season. Now she’s paired up with Roy we can’t wait to see what trouble she gets into.
8. Malcolm Merlyn’s return. Did Arrow kill Malcolm or was he still alive? The answer to that was a bit vague but the death of Tommy sets things up for a spectacular face-off and revenge storyline. Sure we know Tommy died because of Malcolm’s actions but we have a feeling if he does return he’ll want Oliver to pay the price. Also John Barrowman brought some great villain acting to the show.
9. A meaty role for Detective Quentin Lance. Sure for the first season he had to be the conflict between Laurel and Oliver, and the hunter of the vigilante (aka Arrow) but following his selfless actions in the season one finale we want him to turn a corner and become a bigger part of the show. Could we even see him teaming up with Oliver, Diggle and Felicity?
10. Much more Diggle. Like Felicity, Diggle became one of our favourite characters and we want to know more about him. He got some storylines in the first season but we think there’s much more to explore with that character. Plus David Ramsey is pretty awesome.
The second season of Arrow is expected to debut in September. Is there anything we’ve missed? Let us know by leaving your comments in the usual place.