The rumours started flying last month that Prison Break might return for a fifth season. The hit FOX show was last on our screens back in 2009.
If you haven’t seen the first four seasons Prison Break or want to avoid spoilers then please stop reading now. If you are up-to-date or just don’t mind spoilers, then please keep on reading.
At the moment it looks like if the fifth season does go ahead we will be seeing the main cast members Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Sarah Wayne Callies reprising their roles as Michael Scofield, Lincoln Burrows and Sara Tancredi. Currently it sounds like it would be a limited run season like happened with 24: Live Another Day.
Having just spent the past few weeks binge watching the first four seasons, here’s our top 10 things we want from Prison Break season 5:
- Michael Scofield to be alive – Scofield (Wentworth Miller) was presumed dead at the end of season four. He appeared to sacrifice himself to save Sara and even left video messages for her and his brother Lincoln. However despite seeing his closest friends and family visit his grave we never actually saw him dead. There are many ways to spin the story for him to live and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
- Sara Tancredi to reunite with Michael – after all their characters have been through they deserve a happy ending and another season gives them a chance at one. Presuming Sara (Sarah Wayne Callies) doesn’t know he’s alive it’s going to be a bit of a shock for her isn’t it?
- Lincoln Burrows – he seems to attract trouble but is essential to the show. It would be great to see him and Michael finally free and happy. We hope having Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) back doesn’t mean another kidnapping for his son LJ.
- Alexander Mahone to return – Mahone (William Fichtner) had quite the journey through the seasons and is a wonderfully complex character. We’d like to see him get his job back but who knows what a fifth season would have in store for him?
- Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell – T-Bag (Robert Knepper) was the character we all love to hate must surely be back for a fifth season. Last we saw he was back as an inmate at Fox River and had regained his king of the prison status.
- Fernando Sucre – he’s been by Scofield’s side since Fox River and is his most trusted friend. No matter how hard he tries things never go right for Sucre (Amaury Nolasco) but we wouldn’t want more Prison Break without him.
- Paul Kellerman – it was great to have Kellerman back at the end of season four and think he could have a big part to play in a fifth season.
- A new setting – as nice as it is to revisit old locations we hope to see a completely different setting for a fifth season.
- New characters – while we’d love the core characters to be back we hope to see some new interesting ones too.
- It needs to be about a prison break – the whole show was built around the original prison break and they would need to find a way to work another one into a fifth season. The fourth season in particular got a bit too silly and complicated without having a prison break as a focus.
What would you like to see in a fifth season of Prison Break? Do you agree with our choices? Let us know in the comments below.
Prison Break season 5 hasn’t been officially confirmed yet and isn’t expected before 2016.