How many photos do have on your phone? If you need a picture urgently would you know if it’s on your phone, laptop, PC, an SD card or a USB stick somewhere floating around your desk?
As we take more and more photos it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of where the photos actually are and this puts them at risk of being lost. I actually cleared out my phone the other day and despite deleting over a thousand there are still just as many still clogging up the memory.
This is where Mylio hopes to make things easier for us all. Mylio is a free app (paid plans are also available) that aims to get your photos organised and accessible across all of your devices. I have personally downloaded the app and had it up and running in about 30 seconds. I’m yet to test all of its features but setting up couldn’t be easier.
See how Mylio works in the video below:
Here are some ways Mylio wants to make things easier for you:
- Automatically sync photos across your devices: Take a photo with your phone (or other devices) and Mylio automatically saves it across every device you designate–without the internet (Mylio uses hot spot tethering & a private network)
- Automatically free up your phone space: Mylio stores low res thumbnail images on your phone that are virtually indistinguishable from originals and fully editable. This frees up tons of phone storage. (Temporary high res previews of the image from a connected device are shown when you view it)
- Automatically edit your photos across devices: Edits made on one device are automatically saved across devices. Editing presets are also provided so you can automatically apply your favourite edits to any photo you choose.
- Automatically share your photos: Built-in sharing features make it super easy to share pictures, folders, albums from any device via email, text or on social sites.
- Automatically protect your photos: Never worry about losing your photo memories again. You can set Mylio to automatically save photos to a secure vault, drive or cloud.
- Automatically keep your photos private: Mylio syncs your images across devices using a private network–not the internet or cloud, ensuring complete privacy, always.
- Automatically organize your pictures: Quickly find & view every picture you’ve ever taken. Mylio automatically organizes images in these unique ways:
- Life Calendar: Displays your photos on a calendar in combination with events from your life. (A traditional calendar view without events is also available)
- Map view: All photos are pinned on a map of Earth based on where you took them
- People view: Uses automatic facial recognition to file & organize your images
- Album or Folder views: Define albums or folders to categorize and organize your memories
There are currently three different plans available, the Free Forever plan allows access across three devices, storage for 25,000 photos and image editing. Mylio Premium ($8.33 per month) works across five devices, storage for 100,000 photos and RAW image editing. Mylio MAX ($20.83 per month) allows unlimited devices and unlimited storage along with RAW image editing.
For more information visit the official Mylio website.