This month sees Kylie Minogue take to the stage in the Glastonbury Legends slot and also the release of her latest hits package Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection. To celebrate we will be picking our A to Z of Kylie singles each day this month as well as asking you to vote for your favourite Kylie album – here.
We’ve reached the letter O.
O is for On A Night Like This. This corker from 2000 was the second single release from album Light Years and well and truly cemented the return of Kylie as a major player in the pop arena.
- The track was originally released in 1999 by Swedish singer Pandora
- Kylie performed the track at the closing ceremony of the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000, where she also sang Dancing Queen whilst riding a giant flip-flop!
- The video features actor Rutger Hauer as Kylie’s mobster husband who was neglecting his wife
- Also in the video, Kylie wore jewellery worth over $2 million which was on loan and meant that she had to have security guards watching her every move
- Just missing out on the top spot of the UK charts, it did however peak at Number 1 in Australia giving Kylie her sixth chart-topper down under
When it comes to the letter O there are two other minor singles that could’ve been chosen; both from Kylie Christmas. Firstly, there’s her disco duet with Dannii on 100 Degrees, then there’s her duet with celebrity taxi driver James Corden, on Only You.
Which track would you have chosen? Tell us @entfocusmusic
See our complete list of Kylie A to Z of singles.