Madam Secretary returns to UK screens for a third season on 15th February – airing several months behind the US.
The show follows Dr. Elizabeth McCord (Téa Leoni), a former CIA analyst, who was thrust into the political spotlight when she was promoted to US Secretary of State in season one.
The second season saw Elizabeth dealing with everything from international crisis to family problems at home. Much of the season focused on the US relationship with Russia and the season two finale revealed that Dmitri was still alive. He was returned to the US in a hostage trade.
Season two left viewers uncertain if Elizabeth would keep her position as Secretary of State as the President seemed to be trying to replace her. She eventually discovered that he wanted her for Vice President.
Returning cast members for season three include:
- Tim Daly as Elizabeth’s husband Dr. Henry McCord
- Keith Carradine as President Conrad Dalton
- Željko Ivanek as Russell Jackson, White House Chief of Staff
- Bebe Neuwirth as Nadine Tolliver, Elizabeth’s Chief of Staff
- Erich Bergen as Blake Morgan, Elizabeth’s personal assistant
- Sebastian Arcelus as Jay Whitman, Elizabeth’s policy advisor
- Patina Miller as Daisy Grant, Elizabeth’s press coordinator
- Geoffrey Arend as Matt Mahoney, Elizabeth’s speech writer
- Wallis Currie-Wood as Stevie McCord
- Kathrine Herzer as Alison McCord
- Evan Roe as Jason McCord
The season three premiere is Sea Change. Elizabeth’s urgency to overhaul the president’s foreign policy puts his re-election at risk. The episode is directed by Morgan Freeman.
Tune in to Sky Living at 10pm Wednesday 15th February to see the season three premiere. Preview it with our gallery below: