iZombie recently wrapped its third season and it left one hell of a cliffhanger.
If you haven’t seen the third season of iZombie and want to avoid spoilers, we suggest you top reading now. If you have seen it and want to hear our thoughts on the next season, keep reading.
In the final moments of iZombie’s third season, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) believed that he had made a vaccine to prevent being turned into a zombie. As he took the vaccine, he asked Liv (Rose McIver) to scratch him to see if it works or not. Will Ravi be a zombie by the time season 4 rolls around?
Elsewhere in the season finale, Fillmore Graves released a vaccine to the public that was supposed to protect them from the Aleutian flu virus. Actually the vaccine had been purposely contaminated to turn people into zombies. Liv found out about the plan and convinced Johnny Frost (Daran Norris), who himself had taken the vaccine, to broadcast the information to prevent people from being turned into zombies.
Chase Graves (Jason Dohring) convinced the network to air a video he’d filmed explaining that zombies will be kept to Seattle and that a network would supply brains from the dead so no threat is posed to the humans they co-exist with.
Meanwhile Major (Robert Buckley) asked Chase to turn him into a zombie after the explosion that killed his team and Natalie (Brooke Lyons). He also rejoined Fillmore Graves.
While we patiently wait for season 4 to arrive, I’ve put together the top 10 things I would like to see from the show, Keep reading to find out my thoughts…
1. Ravi not to be a zombie. I feel that as much fun as it would be to see Ravi as a zombie, he needs to be stay human and be the voice of reason in the group. I have a feeling Ravi will experience side effects but I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess as to what those might be.
2. Blaine (David Anders) to be a little more integrated. I don’t know about you, but I loved the part of the season where Blaine was growing closer to Peyton. After he admitted he’d been lying and turned back into a zombie, Blaine was mostly removed from interacting with the rest of the main cast. I’d like to see him take on a bigger role, especially as he’s now leading the rival brain supply chain against Fillmore Graves.
3. Liv and Major to reunite. I know Liv isn’t happy that Major is a zombie again but surely these two are end game right? They shared some really beautiful moments during season 3, particularly when they thought Major might die. Both of them moved on to other relationships way too quick and I don’t really buy Liv with Justin (Tongayi Chirisa). It’s going to be harder for them now they are on opposing sides but that should make it all the more interesting.
4. Even more Peyton. I’m glad Aly Michalka was a season regular and there’s plenty of scope for her in season 4 now that she’s working alongside zombie mayor Baracus (Kurt Evans). I’d like to see her once again share scenes with Blaine and I’m not overly interested in her getting back together with Ravi.
5. Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) and Dale (Jessica Harmon) to grow closer again. I liked these two together and now that Dale is a zombie, she’s going to need someone to help her navigate the new world. Clive has had time to adjust since finding out that zombies exist so I look forward to seeing the two of them exploring their friendship and a potential relationship (although obviously they could never be physical while Dale is a zombie).
6. Plenty of Chase Graves. What a complete joy it was to have Jason Dohring reunite with executive producer and co-creator Rob Thomas after their stellar work together on Veronica Mars. Chase is such an interesting shapeshifting character and he has made an impact on both Liv and Major. Dohring plays the part excellently and who knew he was hiding that buff bod under that jumpsuit?
7. Awards for Rose McIver. Ok, so this has nothing to do with the people who make the show as they already give her excellent material, but how has McIver not scooped some major awards for her incredible performance? She’s bloody amazing as Liv and the range of characters she’s plays is awe-inspiring. Give her Emmys, Golden Globes and every other award going as she deserves them all!
8. A surprising development now that zombies are common knowledge. Predictably, and rightly so, the public didn’t respond well to the existence of zombies. Knowing Rob Thomas though, he’ll have something up his sleeve to develop the story line in a way that surprises and satisfies. I expect there to be humans versus zombies throughout the season but I hope that it’s not as clear cut as that.
9. Ravi to get a genuine love interest. Keep walking Peyton… Ravi has no luck at all. If he’s not falling for an undercover reporter, he’s shagging his former boss (before she got murdered). I’d like Ravi to find someone he can genuinely connect with and that can offer him a little comfort in a world that continues to get crazier and crazier.
10. Don E. (Bryce Hodgson). For me he was a revelation in season 3 and one of the best things about the season. When he was kidnapped by the anti-zombie group, he provided some of the most memorable moments. I also loved his awkward chemistry with Ravi and of course when he was on the blue brain, he was comedy gold.
iZombie is expected to return to The CW in the US and Netflix in the UK in 2018.