The first free planned update for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is now live on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Tidal Basin is part of Invasion: Battle for D.C. and includes the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division, plus there’s a brand new specialisation to unlock in the near future.
You can view the Tidal Basin launch trailer below:
Key features of Tidal Basin:
- Players face a new challenge in encountering Tidal Basin, a new stronghold held by the Black Tusk Faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they’re not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450-500.
- “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city. These activities are harder to complete but more rewarding in loot and gear.
- Players can now enjoy two new exotic weapons, Pestilence and Nemesis as well as three new gear sets: True Patriot, Hardwired and Ongoing Directive.
- As part of the update, all players will also have access a new PVP map called Fort McNair.
- The Invasion Apparel Event, which will allow agents to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions, as well as new masks and weapon skins.
- Operation Dark Hours is the toughest of all challenges: an 8-player raid that will test the teamwork of the most experienced agents, coming April 25th.
View some screenshots from the Tidal Basin update in our gallery: