Kasedo Games and Dapper Penguin Studios have announced that the massively addictive tycoon game, Rise of Industry has released for Windows PC, Mac and Linux priced at £22.99.
Rise of Industry is inspired by classic old school tycoon games but adds a modern twist. It challenges you to build your fledgling company from the ground up and push for greatness in an ever-changing business climate. Create vast production lines, complex transport routes and meet the demand of towns and villages to see the profit roll in and your reputation soar. But beware – finite resources, fiercely competitive AI and industrial pollution can all break your business without the proper planning. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Watch the Rise of Industry release trailer below:
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry aims to have enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
- Experience tailored for every player – Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople?
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet your neighbouring town’s demands.
EF Games hopes to have a full review of Rise of Industry later this month.
View some Rise of Industry screenshots in our gallery: