Redeemer is a top-down brawler from Buka Entertainment and Ravenscourt. It has been described as a cross between Hotline Miami and God of War. It has been around since 2017 has a mostly positive review score on Steam. Players take on the role of Vasily as he uses everything at his disposal to take down his enemies. Punch, hack and blast your way through enemies using fists, hammers, firearms and even the environment. Redeemer: Enhanced Edition aims to take the game to the next level. The Enhanced Edition will be available from 19th July on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Artem Studenikin, PR-Manager at Buka Entertainment: “Players all around the world can’t wait for Vasily to arrive in style on video game consoles. We’re doing our very best so you could fully enjoy the Enhanced Edition. The final stage of quality assurance is underway at full speed to give you the true experience of the iconic brutal gameplay. Only a few days to go – meet Vasily on July 19th on consoles and PC!”
View the Redeemer: Enhanced Edition announcement trailer below:
- Intense top-down action: Take out enemies using a wide selection of firearms and melee weapons including combat knives, batons, fire axes, hammers and many more.
- Unique kill system: Use three different types of kills to mercilessly eliminate enemies: sneak to stealth kills; use the environment to dispatch your opponents; utilize your combat prowess to beat down your opponents
- Brutal hand-to-hand combat: Take out enemies using a wide selection of firearms and melee weapons including combat knives, batons, fire axes, hammers and many more.
- Disarm-or-dismember system: Use a unique combat move to either disarm enemies of their firearms or dismember certain enemies at will and use their limbs as melee weapons.
- Parry System: Defend yourself whilst taking down your enemies by utilizing a well-timed block. Learn the movements and attack patterns of different enemy types to perfect your parry.
View some gameplay in the video below:
- Story driven single-player: Discover Vasily‘s haunted past and experience a narrative journey of betrayal and redemption.
- Co-op mode: Play with your friend in co-op mode on one console: Friendship is tempered in battle.
- Levelling: In-game levelling is based on a gradual battle skills improvement – character’s proficiency with a skill is increased through practice of different attacks: kicks, punches, light and heavy melee weapons or guns such as a handgun, shotgun, submachine gun, assault rifle or plasma gun.
- Perks system: You have 50 perks to improve the killing efficiency of Vasily. Expand his abilities after every victory. Use new incredible fighting perks – electro punches, dragon breath kicks, explosive plasma and flame bullets etc.
View some Redeemer: Enhanced Edition screenshots in our gallery below: