PQube and developer Warpfish Games have announced the upcoming release of lightning-fast speed-runner Razed on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam this September and October. The game started putting players through their paces when picked as a finalist of Edge Magazine’s ‘Get Into Games’ competition.
Razed is focused on speed, with the player charged with making it to the finish line in the quickest time possible, dancing and darting across dynamic levels littered with obstacles designed to take you down. Power boosting skills unlocked along the way can send you soaring – sometimes literally – with every second saved edging you closer to a triumphant run.
Watch the Razed announcement trailer below:
John Thompson, Designer at Warpfish Games said:
“With Razed, we’ve taken the spirit that fuelled some of the most popular speed-runners and fused it with some stunning, neon-charged visuals that tap into some of the best arcade games from the last few decades. I think it’s a perfect marriage. Combined with the music it creates a kinetic environment focused on the concept of running as fast as you possibly can. Anyone can get the idea behind Razed, but only the best will master the game. It really is a case of survival of the quickest.”
View some Razed screenshots in our gallery:
- Non-stop escalation: Sprint through 60 dynamic levels spread across six unique worlds, each with a distinct visual style, unlockable abilities and pulse-pounding boss battles.
- Chart your own course: Veer off the beaten path and carve your own way through levels to achieve seemingly impossible times and unlock the S ranks.
- Online leaderboards and ghost data: Challenge the world via online leaderboards, and race against friends’ ghosts in a game of asynchronous one-upmanship.
- Fuss-free speedrunning: Nobody wants to wait around while striving for perfection. Falling short of your target time? Simply jab the restart button to return to the start of the level without any loading times.
- Secret challenge levels: Employ all your different skills and abilities to find Razed’s toughest maps and tackle them head-on.
Razed will be available worldwide digitally on Steam and Xbox One on September 14th and on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on October 15th.