Starbreeze, Lion game Lion and 505 Games will release their first-person co-op shooter RAID: World War II in the UK on PS4 and Xbox One this Friday, October 13th for £29.99. The game arrived on PC at the end of September and launched yesterday on console in the US. Players who purchase the game on console will receive an exclusive in-game Golden Leather Jacket for their characters.
In RAID: World War II four prisoners of war, freed by an ominous secret British intelligence officer named “Mrs. White,” must band together to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all.
The game is a four-player FPS that combines cooperative gameplay and stealth mechanics. RAID’s unique character classes, special hero abilities, customisable weapons and uniforms, and real-world war-torn locations bring the conflict to life. Players must fight for their freedom against the Nazi regime through sabotage, robbery and assassination.
Watch the trailer for RAID: World War II below:
Key game features include:
- Class-based Gameplay – Choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles.
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff themselves or the entire team;
- Character Customisation – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theatre of WWII: Great Britain, the USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and customisable uniform.
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – The Second World War was infamous for arming the world with experimental weapons that went “bang” in deadly fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with upgrades like custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety of tastes.
- Operations Mode – Play through extended versions of your favourite missions with the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines and added content and objectives.
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customise the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater.
- Real-world Locations – Travel through real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty flak towers dominating the heart of Berlin to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will bring destruction to the Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
EF Games will be bringing you a full review of RAID: World War II later this month. Check out the official RAID: World War II website for more information on the game.
View some screenshots of RAID: World War II in our gallery: