Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have reveled a first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with breathtaking new gameplay, fighters new and old, the story elements of the new games and how it will be a more immersive and personal experience than ever before. The announcement was livestreamed to the world and included an appearance by Ronda Rousey who is not only UFC Champion, Olympic Medallist and a WWE Superstar, she will also be the voice of Sonya Blade.
Ronda Rousey said:
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to. Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.”
Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios said:
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans. We have an amazing community, and it’s an honour to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
The key elements of the announcement are:
- UFC champion, Olympic Medallist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- The first Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favourite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available 28th March 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin and authenticity plate.
You can check out some more screenshots in our gallery below:
Mortal Kombat 11 is due for release on 23rd April, 2019 on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.