The Dutch independent studio Abbey Games has revealed the first details of Godhood, their new strategy god game. The game takes place in a vibrant, primal world where you take on the role as a newborn deity to create and grow their own religion by careful management of their followers, while also challenging the other gods that stand in their way.
In Godhood, you are invited to create your own religion by tending to your flock of disciples as a young god. Set in ancient lands and viewed from an isometric perspective, your followers cannot be directly controlled, only guided in growing their religion across the ages. From selecting different virtues and vices to building monuments and nurturing powerful prophets, the options available to newborn gods, to shape and lead, will be plentiful. Conflict is inevitable, and through ritual combat, players will be able to challenge rival deities and their followers would dare to contest their claim to power and glory.
Watch the first teaser trailer for Godhood below:
Some of the features that make Godhood:
- Create a religion. Players define what is important for their followers, selecting virtues and vices, and guiding them in how they must live and what rituals they should undertake. A few will rise to become powerful prophets who can help train future generations.
- Nurture and guide followers. Control of a player’s disciples can only be enacted from afar, but guiding the followers, deciding what rituals to enact or which monument to build, managing abilities and powers, will all be key to a prosperous society.
- Ritual Combat. Other deities and religions vie for power and influence, and players need to face rival gods and their followers in ritual combat. Known as ‘Sacraments’, player’s followers will need to prove their worth through the use of awe, persuasion or brute force.
- Colourful art style. Charming visuals with bright, hand-drawn-like qualities depict the new and unknown world of Godhood in a lush, isometric perspective.
- Replayability. Powered by a deep simulation system, Godhood allows players to experiment with dozens of different religious combinations unlocking new secrets as they progress along a main story line filled with battles, rituals and challenging side quests.
Check out the official Godhood website for more information on the game.
View some Godhood screenshots in our gallery: