It doesn’t seem that long ago that Far Cry 5 was released and all of a sudden there’s another due in just a few months. Far Cry New Dawn is set to hit PC, Xbox One and PS4 on February 15th, 2019. In true Far Cry style this new addition to the franchise looks wildly different from what has come before.
You can check out the official trailer below:
Far Cry New Dawn returns to Hope County, Montana, 17 years after a global nuclear disaster has devastated the planet. The survivors have split into various factions each with their own rules for survival. Whilst most groups are simply trying to get by, there is one group that is hellbent on terrorising what’s left of civilisation. The Highwaymen, led by twin sisters Mickey and Lou, are more than happy to pillage and plunder just for the hell of it.
Mickey and Lou now have their eyes focused on Hope County. With Mickey’s cunning mind and Lou’s reckless, violent nature they are a force to be reckoned with, especially when backed up by the Highwaymen. In a nut shell Hope County is going down the creek without a paddle unless someone steps in to fight back. That, readers is where you step in.
Fight for survival in an eerily beautiful post apocalyptic world.
- Sprawling superbloom fields and dense overgrowth invite you into a wildly beautiful yet deadly post-apocalyptic landscape, to discover on your own or with a friend in two player co-op.
- Wildlife has not gone untouched by the disaster, with some predators evolving rugged natural defenses.
Memorable characters unite to take on the evil double threat.
- Clash with the brutal Highwaymen and their unruly leaders Mickey and Lou. Known as The Twins, these sisters combine brains and brawn to give their army an iron grip on Hope County’s precious resources.
- Recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire to fight by your side. These new allies, as well as some familiar faces, each bring unique and critical skills to the fray.
- Find the former doomsday cult and seek out the charismatic leader who prophesized the collapse of civilization: Joseph Seed.
Help the survivors grow and build up your home base
- Specialists join the Survivors to help you craft weapons and vehicles, train your Guns for Hire, and even go on Expeditions from the eight Homebase facilities: the workbench, training camp, explosives lab, infirmary, garage, healing garden, cartography, and expeditions.
- Grow your community and upgrade your Homebase to improve your facilities and unlock more powerful weapons and gear.
Fight it out to control the resources of Hope County
- Engage the Highwaymen in Turf Wars by clearing their outposts and then scavenging them for Ethanol and other materials. When the Highwaymen return with stronger reinforcements, you can take on a greater challenge for even more of these valuable resources.
- For the first time in Far Cry, the adventure is not just local. Venture outside of Hope County on thrilling Expeditions to unique and memorable locations across the USA including wetlands, canyons, and coastal regions.
- Expeditions and Outposts are different every playthrough, for rewarding missions that increase in challenge and are surprising every time.
You can pre-order now at Amazon UK on