The guys at Pearl Abyss are never ones to stay still for long and they have already released the first update for Xbox One just ten days after it launched. The new, free, update opens up the land of Mediah, a harsh, red landscape serving as a gateway to the Valencian Desert. It also includes a console-exclusive storyline and brings a host of new features and gear to attain.
Key features of the Mediah update:
- With a removed level cap and the introduction of the Red Battlefield, players are invited to engage in PvP battles to power up their characters. Be on the lookout for powerful Pure Black Stones as well.
- Kaia Gear and Dim Magical Armor are available for those that are levelled high enough to don these highly sought-after items!
- Visit Altinova, the heart of Mediah, to follow the main Mediah storyline brimming with murder and mystery, or take the scenic route filled with various side quests to fully immerse yourself in the world.
Watch the launch trailer below:
Pearl Abyss have also announced the following in response to player requests:
- Pearl Abyss has more than doubled the available servers since it started early access.
- To celebrate last week’s launch, various GM events were held to bring the Black Desert community together. Fireworks, parades and fishing events received positive feedback from players.
- Black Desert’s official content partners have been actively running livestreams, sharing their adventures with fans of the Black Desert franchise. To learn more about the Partner Program and its current roster, view the announcement.