Barotrauma is set in the seas of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Up to 16 players will take control of a submarine as they explore this murky watery world and discover alien wonders and/or horrors, command various submarine systems, and fight to survive dangers from both outside and within. It is available now via Steam Early Access.
Looking at the trailer, which you can view below, the game takes a somewhat comical view of the extreme situations you will face. You will be able to choose from several classes and will be forced to work together to make things work. Or you could choose to be an utter bastard and send your crewmates to a watery grave.
- Team up in adrenaline-filled 2D co-op multiplayer for up to 16 players. Or betray your crew and bury them in an icy grave…
- Master intricate submarine management and crafting systems to survive Europa’s frigid depths.
- Explore a vast ocean filled with unknown life and other dangerous secrets on an alien world.
- Play as one of several classes, including Captain, Engineer, Security Officer, Mechanic and Medic.
- Procedurally created levels and events ensure no two games are the same.
- Make your own monstrosities! Transform the game via Steam Workshop and create your own submarines, sprites, levels and alien creatures for other players to download.
For more information head over to the official Barotrauma website.
You can view some Barotrauma screenshots in our gallery below: