If you’re not up to date on the Game of Thrones TV show and like to avoid spoilers we suggest you don’t read any further. Below is information we’ve taken from the episode 7 preview trailer as well as plenty of speculation about what we think might happen.
The seventh episode is written by showrunners David Benioff & D. B. Weiss with Jeremy Podeswa back in the director’s chair for the second time this season. Jeremy directed Dragonstone the first episode of season seven.
The episode title has been revealed as The Dragon and the Wolf which is surely a reference to Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow or at least the house sigils of Targaryen and Stark. The official synopsis has yet to be revealed. The episode has a running time of 79 minutes making it the longest episode so far.
Watch the official preview trailer from HBO for Game of Thrones 7×07 below:
Somber music plays as the trailer opens with a shot of Grey Worm (Jacob Anderson) stood in formation with his Unsullied army.
The next shot shows the Red Keep surrounded by Dany’s (Emilia Clarke) fleet. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage), Varys (Conleth Hill) and Theon (Alfie Allen) are shown to be aboard one of the ships with the Dothraki.
Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) is shown stood with Bronn (Jerome Flynn) on the ramparts. They are looking down at the Unsullied army as thousands of Dothraki riders join them.
At Winterfell, Sansa (Sophie Turner) looks deep in though as she walks the walls.
At Dragonstone a small boat is preparing for launch as a man stumbles in front to the water. It looks like that could be Theon?
A meeting is shown guarded by Lannister soldiers at the Dragonpit. Cersei (Lena Headey) is in attendance, as is Jaime, Qyburn (Anton Lesser), Jon Snow (Kit Harington), Tyrion (Peter Dinklage), Ser Jorah (Iain Glen), Ser Davos (Liam Cunningham), Brienne (Gwendoline Christie), Theon (Alfie Allen), Podrick (Daniel Portman) and some Dothraki. Where is Dany? Will she arrive on Drogon?
The trailer ends with Jon saying “There is only one war that matters. And it is here.”
Overall the trailer doesn’t give a great deal away and leaves us with some immediate thoughts and observations:
- It looks like we’re going to be spending the majority of our time at King’s Landing.
- Will Cersei believe about the army of the dead and agree to band together?
- We presume the Mountain is present at the meeting. Could we finally see Cleganebowl if the Hound is there as well?
- Will Dany turn up to the meet and will she bring a dragon or two?
- If the meeting goes badly, will everything kick off?
- What is Sansa up to and will she go against Arya or Littlefinger?
- Will Bran do anything useful?
- Where are Sam and Gilly?
- Where is Euron?
- Will the Night King and his army feature at all in the finale?
- Are we in for a Jon and Dany romance?
- Will Jon ever find out who his real parents are?
- Which characters won’t survive the finale?
Check back during the week as we’ll update this preview with new information as it’s released. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Game of Thrones season 7 continues at 2am (simulcast with the US) and 9pm Mondays on Sky Atlantic in the UK.