The first images for Battle of the Bastards, the ninth and penultimate episode of Game of Thrones season 6, have been released. It looks like the majority of the episode is going to be devoted to the battle between the armies of Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon).
If you’re not up to date on the Game of Thrones TV show and like to avoid spoilers (you have been warned) we suggest you don’t read any further.
Following our recap of No One, the eighth episode, we previewed Battle of the Bastards by taking a look at the teaser trailer. It’s looking like one of the most epic episodes with a huge battle scene.
The new images show that we’ll definitely be seeing:
- Ser Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham) at the grave site of Shireen Baratheon. We know he was desperate to find out what happened to the daughter of Stannis. If he finally learns the truth of how Melisandre had her burnt alive he’s not going to be happy.
- Jon Snow going to talk with Melisandre. The Red Woman brought him back but in the trailer he was seen to ask her to leave him dead if he dies again.
- Tormund Giantsbane (Kristofer Hivju) leading the Wildlings into battle. He rallied them at Castle Black to come and fight for Jon and it looks like they’ve listened.
- Wun Wun (Ian Whyte) the giant is on the battlefield too. We’ve seen previously it takes a lot to stop a giant and he could be key to stopping Ramsay’s forces.
- Samlljon Umber (Dean Jagger) leading House Umber. They used to be loyal to House Stark but betrayed them by giving Rickon over to Ramsay. Will they stick with him once they see they are to fight Jon and Sansa (Sophie Turner)? Will Ramsay use Rickon to try and get his way?
- Harald Karstark (Paul Rattray) leading House Karstark at the side of Ramsay.
- Ramsay looks pretty confident and his army is certainly larger and far more prepared. What will turn the tide of battle?
- Jon and Sansa on horseback. It looks like they will try and negotiate with Ramsay before the battle.
- Jon Snow with his sword Longclaw drawn as men on horseback approach. Could it be the Knights of the Vale turning up to save the day?
We’re rooting for House Stark and hoping Ramsay finally meets his end. Who do you think will win? Let us know in the comments below.
Check out the new images from Game of Thrones 6×09 Battle of the Bastards in our gallery below: