American actor Chris Pratt has bagged the lead role in forthcoming Marvel movie Guardians of the Galaxy and his transformation for the role hasn’t gone unnoticed.
The 34-year-old actor from Virginia, Minnesota has transformed his body from average Joe to ripped for the role. As the Chris is about to become one of the biggest stars in the world we thought we’d find out a bit more about him.
Get to know more about Chris by reading our key facts about him:
- Chris is married to actress Anna Faris and the two have a young son called Jack.
- He made his acting debut in short Cursed Part 3 in 2000.
- Whilst he may not be a household name just yet, Chris has starred in some huge movies including Zero Dark Thirty, Her and Wanted.
- TV fans will know him best for his roles as Bright Abbott in Everwood and as Andy Dwyer in Parks and recreation alongside Amy Poehler.
- To date Chris has picked up two Teen Choice Award nominations and a Critics’ Choice Television Award for his work on Everwood and Parks and Recreation.
- Chris starred in a recurring role on The O.C. from 2006-2007 as activist Che.
- For his role as Peter Quill/Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris hit the gym big time turning himself from cuddly into ripped. He even posted a couple of selfies to show his progress.
- To get the finely honed body you see in Guardians of the Galaxy’s teaser trailer, Chris worked out every day for 6 months and saw it as an opportunity to get fit.
- Chris can be heard as the voice of central character Emmet Brickowski in current cinema smash The LEGO Movie.
- He will star in the forthcoming Jurassic World, which is the next instalment in the Jurassic Park series.
Here’s the selfie picture for you that got the Internet buzzing:
Check out the teaser trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy below: