A broadcasting legend and one of the most recognisable faces on British television, Alan Whicker worked his own brand of quietly incisive journalism for over 50 years. Courtesy of distributor Network, the entire 15 series of Whicker’s World made for ITV will be released on DVD in transmission order, including one-off specials.
The ongoing series of releases will all be featured in their original, full screen aspect ratios with brand new transfers of original film elements.
Whicker’s World 1 – Whicker (E) and Whicker’s World 2: Whicker’s New World (E) are both released on DVD on 23 May 2016, each RRP £19.99, courtesy of Network.
Whicker’s World 1 – Whicker
Subjects of his scrutiny in this volume – first broadcast in the late 1960s – include airports, the world of horse racing, hereditary peers, Le Touquet, Christmas in Equador, British ex-pats in Buenos Aires, the man who invented “cat’s eyes” and more.
Whicker’s World 2: Whicker’s New World
Subjects of his scrutiny in this volume – first broadcast in 1969 – include cryogenics, media stardom, swinging singles, wage slavery, old age and more – as well as an unforgettable encounter with Haitian dictator Papa Doc Duvalier.
A consummate interviewer with a famously affable, urbane style, his popular, award-winning documentaries continue to be a significant influence to this day.
To celebrate the release we have 3 bundles featuring both volumes of Whicker’s World to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is to answer one simple question.
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 6th June 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition).
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.