On 16th February, 2017 the legendary concert film, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, will be screened at Hammersmith’s Eventim Apollo for the first time since the concert took place there over forty years ago on 16th February 2017. DJ duo, The Smoking Guns and upcoming band Animal Noise are also confirmed to perform at the event.
The 1973 documentary and concert film by D. A. Pennebaker, features David Bowie and his backing group The Spiders from Mars performing at the Hammersmith Odeon in London on 3 July 1973. At this show, Bowie made the surprise announcement that the show would be “the last show that we’ll ever do”, later understood to mean that he was retiring his Ziggy Stardust persona.
Personal friends of Bowie, the event will kick of with a DJ set from female duo The Smoking Guns. Fresh from Bowie and Prince tribute sets at Bestival earlier this year, the girls will be playing classic Bowie tracks as guests arrive. Animal Noise, who are massively influenced by Bowie’s work, will then take the stage.
CinEvents are working exclusively with Q & MOJO to bring the Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars concert film to cinemas across the UK on Thursday 2nd March. The CinEvent feature will include additional footage that provides a unique insight into the Ziggy era and the 1973 final show. Cinema attendees will also receive an exclusive souvenir copy of MOJO containing Ziggy Stardust artwork and features.
We’re giving away a pair of tickets to attend the screening on 16th February 2017.
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @Ent_Focus account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— Entertainment Focus (@Ent_Focus) January 23, 2017
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 29th January 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK & US residents over the age of 18.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.