Eureka Entertainment to release Three Films With Sammo Hung: The Iron-Fisted Monk / The Magnificent Butcher / Eastern Condors, a trio of spectacular martial-arts films from one of Hong Kong cinema’s most iconic figures. Presented fully uncut (for the first time ever in the UK) from brand new 2K restorations (worldwide debut) in a 3-Disc Blu-ray edition as part of the Eureka Classics range on 7th October 2019. Available with a Limited Edition booklet (2000 copies only).
One of the most prolific figures in the history of Hong Kong action cinema, Sammo Hung (Hung Kam-bo, or more affectionately, “Da Goh Da” [Big, Big Brother]) has worked as a stuntman, actor, choreographer, producer and director in a career spanning almost 60 years (his first film appearance was in 1961). Presented here are three highlights from his incredible career, showcasing his incredible skill and artistry both in front of, and behind the camera.
The Iron-Fisted Monk  – Sammo Hung’s directorial debut, The Iron-Fisted Monk introduced many of the choreographic and editing techniques that would become commonplace in modern action cinema. A significantly darker and more violent film than audiences were used to, the film was originally cut when released on UK home video, but is presented here fully uncut for its worldwide Blu-ray debut from a brand new 2K restoration.
The Magnificent Butcher  – Directed by the legendary Yuen Woo-ping as a spiritual successor to his earlier smash hit, Drunken Master, The Magnificent Butcher stars Sammo as “Butcher” Lam Sai-wing, a pupil of Wong Fei-hung (the role Jackie Chan portrayed in Drunken Master, but here played by Kwan Tak-hing who played the legendary folk hero in over 70 films). When Lam is framed for murder by a rival clan, he must track down the real murderer and fight to clear his name. To be strong enough to have a chance of winning, he must train under the original Drunken Master, Beggar So! Presented from a brand new 2K restoration.
Eastern Condors  – Quite possibly Sammo’s best film, this high-kicking tribute to The Dirty Dozen sees ten convicts offered amnesty if they undertake a deadly mission behind enemy lines in Vietnam to destroy a top-secret munitions dump. Featuring numerous references to Western war movies, such as The Deer Hunter and Rambo: First Blood Part II, Eastern Condors is an action masterpiece like no other, filled with incredibly dangerous stunt sequences and full-contact fight scenes that left its cast bloody and bruised. Presented here fully uncut for the first time ever in the UK, and from a brand new 2K restoration, this film is an absolute must-see!
Eureka Classics is proud to present Three Films with Sammo Hung in a special 3-disc Blu-ray edition.
Three Films With Sammo Hung, a collection of highlights from one of Hong Kong cinema’s most prolific stars, is released 7th October 2019 on Blu-ray and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/2ZpOFAh.
To celebrate the release we’ve got three copies to give away. Enter below for a chance to win…
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Friday 11th October 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.