The Big Sick is available now on Digital Download, DVD and Blu-ray. To celebrate, we are giving away 3 copies of the film on Blu-ray.
Based on the real-life courtship between acclaimed stand-up comedian Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley, Portlandia, Central Intelligence) and writing partner Emily V. Gordon (The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail), The Big Sick tells the story of Pakistan-born aspiring comedian Kumail (Nanjiani), who connects with grad student Emily (Zoe Kazan) after one of his standup sets.
However, what they thought would be just a one-night stand blossoms into the real thing, which complicates the life that is expected of Kumail by his traditional Muslim parents.
When Emily is beset with a mystery illness, it forces Kumail to navigate the medical crisis with her parents, Beth and Terry (Holly Hunter and Ray Romano) who he’s never met, while dealing with the emotional tug-of-war between his family and his heart.
The Big Sick represents a brilliantly unexpected journey that began when Emily Gordon heckled Kumail Nanjiani at a stand-up show in Chicago, a fact which Kumail pointed out to Judd Apatow when he shared a stage with the celebrated producer at the 2012 SXSW Festival. The product of following conversations between the two comedians has resulted is one of the funniest, most refreshing romantic comedies of the year.
To celebrate we’ve got 3 copies of The Big Sick on Blu-ray to give away!
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusFilm on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EntFocusFilm account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Film (@entfocusfilm) November 28, 2017
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Tuesday 5th December 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.