On 1 December 2017, Island Records marked the 175 anniversary of Charles Dickens’ immortal classic ‘A Christmas Carol’ as celebrated actor Simon Callow and current national brass band champions The Brighouse and Rastrick Band join forces to release a very special album this Christmas.
The CD combines Simon Callow’s acclaimed adaptation of Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ together with traditional Christmas carols performed by The Brighouse and Rastrick Band.
Originally self-published by Dickens in 1843, his legendary Christmas tale is now beautifully and dramatically presented afresh by using music to enhance Simon Callow’s superb narration on CD one. A second CD features all of the well-loved full-length Christmas carols performed by The Brighouse and Rastrick Band. The album includes Silent Night, Away In A Manager and O Come All Ye Faithful to name just a few.
In December 2016 Simon Callow performed a one-man version of ‘A Christmas Carol’ at the Arts Theatre. Directed by Tom Cairns, Simon’s performance was critically praised for its heart-warming and deeply moving festive storytelling of one of the most beloved works in literature, which has become a festive staple for many generations. Now, Simon Callow has taken his theatrical extravaganza adaptation and tells the famous story of Ebeneezer Scrooge for listeners to enjoy on CD this holiday season on his debut Christmas album.
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 3 copies to give away!
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusMusic on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EntFocusMusic account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Music (@entfocusmusic) December 11, 2017
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 17th December 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.