Eureka Entertainment to release Roxanne, the enchanting 80s classic update of Cyrano de Bergerac starring Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 21 November 2016.
Steve Martin delivers a magnificent performance as an engaging small town fire chief who has only one tiny flaw – his astonishingly long nose. Although he considers it no laughing matter, the hilarity never stops as C.D. Bales (Martin) contends with his bumbling crew of firemen, and his secret love for gorgeous astronomy student Roxanne (Daryl Hannah).
Unfortunately, she is attracted to fireman Chris (Rick Rossovich), who’s tall on looks and short on conversation. And when C.D. agrees to coach the dumbstruck Chris in his pursuit of the fair maiden, this ticklish triangle dissolves into a hilarious series of rib-tickling romantic misadventures. Written by Martin as an update to Cyrano de Bergerac, and directed by Fred Schepisi, this remains an enchanting classic. Eureka Classics is proud to present a new Dual-Format edition for the first time in the UK.
Roxanne is available to order from Amazon http://amzn.to/2cYp9Gi
To celebrate the release we’ve got 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 27th November 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.