Pete RG’s rich baritone voice is at the center of his distinct sound, one that has reached fruition on his debut full-length, Tender Souls (out now). He hits the UK mid-January 2017 to showcase his latest album Tender Souls in support to fellow U.S. band Candlebox. The band features Adam from Candlebox (double duty) and also Dave Krusen (Pearl Jam, Candlebox).
The album has received some ecstatic responses: In its review of one club date, Pancakes And Whiskey pretty much summarized all that RG offers to his audiences: “high-quality rock with honest and engaging lyrics, a hammering backbeat plus gorgeous harmonies”
RG says: “As a songwriter, I’m always trying to express myself as best I can, lyrically and musically. On Tender Souls I feel I was able to do that without cutting corners or falling back into ambiguity. It’s a really good picture of where I’m at, with a lot of experience under my belt but also a lot of optimism.” He credits Brina Kabler for helping him raise the bar on Tender Souls and on the road. “She’s my engineer, co-producer, mixer, keyboardist — and my fiancée ,” he notes. “Whether onstage or in sessions, we’ve established a great give-and-take, where we learn from each other. We’re very much on the same level in terms of taste and inspiration. She helps me focus on what I do best. Brina is a huge part of everything I do.”
Born in Los Angeles to Greek immigrants, Pete RG (nee, Peter Argyropoulos) grew up in a musical household. As working musicians, his parents inspired him to learn a variety of instruments and start playing band gigs while in college. Beginning in 1998 and up into 2007, he was the principal songwriter and lead singer with the popular indie band, Last December.
During that time he also laid the foundation for his solo career, with years of live shows that most recently included a 25 show, Spring 2016 US tour with Candlebox. Now he brings this brand of rich melodic rock to the UK.
Tender Souls is available now on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/peterg-itunes
UK tour dates in support of Candlebox
Jan 17 – Sub 89, Reading
Jan 18 – Talking Heads, Southampton
Jan 20 – Plug, Sheffield
Jan 21 – Think Tank?, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Jan 22 – G2 Glasgow
Jan 24 – Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
Jan 25 – The Globe, Cardiff
Jan 26 – The Fleece, Bristol
Jan 27 – The Underworld, London
Jan 28 – The Craufurd Arms, Milton Keynes
Purchase tickets here: http://bandsintown.com/Candlebox?came_from=234
To celebrate Pete RG’s upcoming live shows, we’ve got 3 copies of Tender Souls to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 30th January 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.