Dogwoof are delighted to announce the UK Home Entertainment release of Mountain; the unique cinematic and musical collaboration between the Australian Chamber Orchestra and BAFTA nominated director Jennifer Peedom, written by best-selling author Robert Macfarlane. To celebrate, we are giving away copies of the film on Blu-ray.
Screened at the 2017 BFI London Film Festival, Peedom presents a dazzling exploration of our obsession with mountains. Only three centuries ago, climbing a mountain would have been considered close to lunacy.
The idea scarcely existed that wild landscapes might hold any sort of attraction. Peaks were places of peril, not beauty. Why, then, are we now draw to mountains in our millions? Mountain shows us the spellbinding force of high places- and their ongoing power to shape our lives and our dreams.
Collated from more than 2,000 hours of footage, taken under the most extreme circumstances on the most unforgiving mountains, Mountain is a voyage to the sublime. Richard Tognetti’s classical orchestra, alongside sparse narrations of Robert Macfarlane’s text by Willem Dafoe, emotionally captures both the greatness and terror of mountains.
It delves into the psychology of the summit; questioning our allure of vertiginous mountains. More than merely a physical challenge, at height we are pushed to our limit. Casting a spell on the audience with Richard’s harmonies, mountains are
presented as magical places that inspire wonder; places where dreams and ambitions are discovered.
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @efcompetitions on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition via our @efcompetitions account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Competitions (@efcompetitions) February 5, 2018
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 12th February 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.