Eureka Entertainment to release Lubitsch in Berlin, a six-film box set of invaluable films by Germany’s first great director, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Blu-ray edition on 18 September 2017.
Before he arrived in Hollywood to leave his indelible (and inimitable) mark on timeless comedies like Trouble in Paradise and The Shop Around The Corner, Ernst Lubitsch created an expansive body of work in Germany that proved to be as varied in tone as it was sophisticated in its measure of man and woman.
This set collects six restored works from the silent phase of Lubitsch’s career, and casts new light on the director both as a fully-formed comic master, and as a virtuoso of cinematographic technique. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present these six works by Ernst Lubitsch for the first time ever on Blu-ray.
Lubitsch in Berlin, a six-film box set of invaluable films by Germany’s first great director, released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Blu-ray edition OUT NOW, and can be purchased here http://amzn.to/2w2BAe5
To celebrate the release, we’ve got three copies on Blu-ray to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Thursday 5th October 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.