Eureka Entertainment to release KES, Ken Loach’s quintessential portrait of working-class Northern England and his most beloved and influential film, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Blu-ray special edition on 7 November 2016.
One of the most beloved and iconic British films of all time (voted in the top 10 of all time by the British Film Institute), Ken Loach’s breakthrough cinematic feature Kes is a cornerstone of naturalistic filmmaking whose influence is felt up to the present day.
Portraying with remarkable detail and empathy the day-to-day existence of a working-class 15-year-old boy in Barnsley (an unforgettable performance by David Bradley), and the profound change that the rearing of a kestrel brings to his otherwise troubled home life, Kes has enchanted generations of viewers since its release.
A rich, gently poetic work, filled with Loach’s trademark respect for his characters and astonishing skill at eliciting performances, The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film in a definitive Blu-ray special edition.
Kes Blu-ray edition is released on 7 November 2016 and is available to purchase here http://po.st/vhrsSf
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 14th November 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.