Eureka Entertainment to release House, a self-aware, post-modern Japanese fairy tale from one of cinema’s great surrealists, as part of the Masters of Cinema range on Blu-ray on 12 February 2018.
An unforgettable mixture of bubblegum teen melodrama and grisly phantasmagoria, Nobuhiko Obayashi’s deranged fairy tale House is one of Japanese cinema’s wildest supernatural ventures and a truly startling debut feature.
Upset by her widowed father’s plans to remarry, Angel sets off with six of her schoolgirl friends in tow for a summer getaway at her aunt’s isolated mansion. In this house of dormant secrets, long-held emotional traumas have terrifyingly physical embodiments and the girls must use their individual talents if any are to survive.
A rollercoaster ride without brakes, House is by turns hilarious, sinister, and unexpectedly lyrical, with ceaseless cinematic invention and a satirical, full-blooded approach to the horror genre. A gigantic smash on its original release in Japan, The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.
House, a self-aware, post-modern Japanese fairy tale from one of cinema’s great surrealists, is released on Blu-ray as part of The Masters of Cinema Series on 12 February 2018 and available to order here http://amzn.to/2n9tw84.
To celebrate the release, we’re giving away 3 copies of House on Blu-ray!
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusFilm on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EntFocusFilm account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Film (@entfocusfilm) February 6, 2018
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 12th February 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.