Eureka Entertainment to release Death in the Garden [La mort en ce jardin], Luis Buñuel’s pulsating adventure film, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 19 June 2017.
After the relatively commercial Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Luis Buñuel returned to the surrealist and political style of his earlier works with Death in the Garden [La mort en ce jardin] the middle film in what has been described as his “revolutionary triptych”, a trilogy of films that “study in the morality and tactics of armed revolution against a right-wing dictatorship”.
Amid a revolution in a South American mining outpost, a band of fugitives—a roguish adventurer (Georges Marchal), a local hooker (Simone Signoret), a priest (Michel Piccoli), an aging diamond miner (Charles Vanel), and the miner’s deaf-mute daughter (Michèle Girardon)—are forced to flee for their lives into the jungle. Starving, exhausted, and stripped of their old identities, they wander desperately lured by one deceptive promise of salvation after another.
Filmed in stunning Eastmancolor, Death in the Garden is both a rousing adventure film, and a surrealist tour de force. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this little seen classic for the first time ever on Blu-ray in a new Dual Format edition.
Death in the Garden [La mort en ce jardin], Luis Buñuel’s pulsating adventure film, released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 19 June 2017, and is available to purchase here http://amzn.to/2s2sIFD
To celebrate the release we’ve got 3 copies of Death in the Garden to give away. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Friday 30th June 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.