Eliza Hittman’s Sundance award winning Beach Rats is the acclaimed follow up to her directorial debut It Felt Like Love and it was released on DVD this week by Peccadillo Pictures.
The raw, exquisitely crafted, uncompromising drama stars British newcomer Harris Dickinson as the smouldering intense Frankie, a troubled teen cogitating his sexual identity, in the break out performance of the year.
Frankie, an aimless teenager on the outer edges of Brooklyn, is having a miserable summer. With his father dying and his mother wanting him to find a girlfriend, Frankie escapes by causing trouble with his delinquent friends and flirting with older men online. When his chatting and webcamming intensify, he finally starts hooking up with guys at a nearby cruising beach while simultaneously entering a cautious relationship with a young woman. As Frankie struggles to reconcile his competing desires, his decisions leave him hurtling toward irreparable consequences.
To celebrate the film’s release we’ve got 3 copies of Beach Rats to give away on DVD.
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EFGayFocus on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EFGayFocus account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
We're giving away 3 copies of Beach Rats courtesy of @peccapics. RT & follow for your chance to win! T&Cs: https://t.co/0EjDx90oYN #prizes #giveaway #competitions #LGBTcinema pic.twitter.com/VSmgjjdCmy
— EF Gay Focus (@efgayfocus) February 6, 2018
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 12th February 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.