Battle of the Sexes, starring Emma Stone and Steve Carell is in cinemas now. In celebration of its release we have 3 retro merchandise bundles to giveaway to three lucky winners!
In the wake of the sexual revolution and the rise of the women’s movement, the 1973 tennis match between women’s World #1 Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and ex-men’s-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell) was billed as the Battle of the Sexes and became one of the most watched televised sports events of all time, reaching 90 million viewers around the world.
As the rivalry between King and Riggs kicked into high gear, off-court each was fighting more personal and complex battles. The fiercely private King was not only championing for equality, but also struggling to come to terms with her own sexuality, as her friendship with Marilyn Barnett (Andrea Riseborough) developed. And Riggs, one of the first self-made media-age celebrities, wrestled with his gambling demons, at the expense of his family and wife Priscilla (Elisabeth Shue).
Together, Billie and Bobby served up a cultural spectacle that resonated far beyond the tennis court, sparking discussions in bedrooms and boardrooms that continue to reverberate today.
Visit the Battle of the Sexes social pages for the latest updates:
Battle of the Sexes is out in UK Cinemas now.
To celebrate we’ve got 3 sets of Battle of the Sexes retro merchandise to give away!
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @EntFocusFilm on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition daily via our @EntFocusFilm account. So look out for our tweets and the more you RT the better your chances.
Here’s our first tweet to get you started:
— EF Film (@entfocusfilm) November 29, 2017
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Tuesday 5th December 2017.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please note the rating of the film is 12A.
- Prize for one winner is ONE (1) x Retro Bag, ONE (1) x Retro water bottle, ONE (1) x polo shirt, ONE (1) x sun visor – each only.
- The name, email address and contact number of the winners will be requested for prize fulfillment and may be passed to a third party provider for prize arrangement.
- In the unlikely event the prize is no longer available a similar prize to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Winners.
- The prize will be delivered to the Winners within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.