To celebrate the Home Entertainment release of 27 Gone Too Soon on DVD, we are giving away the documentary on DVD.
27 Gone Too Soon is a captivating new film about ‘The 27 Club’.
Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix all died at the age of 27 between 1969 and 1971. At the time, the coincidence gave rise to some comment, but it was not until the death of Kurt Cobain, about two and a half decades later, that the idea of a ’27 Club’ began to catch on in public perception, reignited again with the death of Amy Winehouse in 2011.
This group represent just a few of the many well-known singers and musicians who died at that age, and this film looks at the phenomenon and tries to understand why these particular stars are so mythologised and celebrated – and why indeed their lives ended when they did.
Through rare and unseen footage transcending the viewer on a near quantum leap into the period of each artist’s life and death, along with discerning interviews with musicians, ranging from Gary Numan to Olly Alexander from Years & Years, critics and music industry insiders as well as medical and psychiatric experts, the film investigates the lives, music, and artistry of these lost icons, who have forever been frozen in time at the age of 27.
As Kurt Cobain quoted a Neil Young song lyric in his suicide note in 1994, he told the world, “It’s better to burn out than to fade away”. He may have meant it only cynically or satirically, but regardless, his death was tragically upon us.
However, In today’s world where drug addiction and mental health issues are continually on the rise and are now the focus of much media and government attention, this documentary is sure to propel further debate as it offers further insight into the world of popular music and it’s many pitfalls.
This is a social media competition that requires a Twitter account.
To enter you need to Follow @efcompetitions on Twitter and RT (ReTweet) any of our tweets that mention this competition.
Entertainment Focus will be tweeting about the competition via our @efcompetitions account.
RT & follow for a chance to win #27GoneTooSoon on DVD. T&Cs https://t.co/clkVfY5gyP #win #competition #prizes #comp #KurtCobain #JanisJoplin #JimmyHendrix #JimMorrison #AmyWinehouse pic.twitter.com/4mQDGv3T9N
— EF Competitions (@efcompetitions) April 4, 2018
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Tuesday 10th April 2018.
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via Twitter/Email and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.