The Folio Society is delighted to announce that six of their titles have been selected as finalists in five categories of the prestigious British Book Design & Production Awards 2017.
- Emily Dickinson: Selected Poems (illustrated by Jane Lydbury) in the Literature category.
- The Folio Science Fiction Anthology (illustrated by Florian Schommer) in Best Jacket/Cover Design category.
- The Malay Archipelago in the Scholarly, Academic and Reference Books category.
- Micrographia in the Scholarly, Academic and Reference Books category.
- The Call of Cthulhu and Other Stories (illustrated by Dan Hillier) in the Limited Edition and Fine Binding category.
- The Douglas Adams Hitchhiker’s Series (illustrated by Jonathan Burton) in the Brand/Series Identity category.
Kate Grimwade, Production Director at The Folio Society said: “We are delighted to be a finalist in five categories for the prestigious BBDP awards. Each of the books shortlisted reflect Folio’s aesthetic: to treat every book we publish as a unique object, to be innovative in design approach and the materials we select, and to continuously strive for the very highest quality in all aspects of its production.”
The British Book Design & Production Awards is one of the most prestigious literary events of the year, the awards recognise and promote the excellence of the British book design and production industry by celebrating the best books of the year. The judges look for exceptional design, free of typographical errors, with particular emphasis given to excellent layout and standards of typography.
Entries for the awards must be published, designed, typeset, printed or bound by the entrant in the UK. The winners will be announced at a gala dinner to be held on Thursday 16 November in London.
Find out more about The Folio Society’s range of books.