What if Juliet had used Tinder to meet her one true love instead? What would Oliver Twist’s TripAdvisor review of his workhouse be like? What if Frodo had used Google Maps to help him get to Mordor?
Using illustrations, digital publishing platform FlipSnack decided to promote reading by showing classic stories in a completely new light. They took eight timeless books, a mixture of children’s titles and classic literature, and asked: what if these stories featured the modern technology we rely on today?
You can take a look at the results of Modern Day Classics.
Here’s the full list of tales that they have given a modern twist:
1. Juliet finding love on Tinder
2. Oliver Twist’s review of his workhouse on TripAdvisor
3. Willy Wonka getting inspiration for his next candy creation on Pinterest
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar loading up with food on GrubHub (or any other food delivery app for that matter)
5. Holden Caulfield sending a barrage of abusive tweets on Twitter
6. Frodo taking a fast, orc-free route to Mordor with the help of Google Maps
7. The White Rabbit swapping his broken pocket watch for a smartphone and Uber so he isn’t late
8. Aslan the Lion going viral on Instagram – would he have more followers than Grumpy Cat?