Get ready to become even more addicted to Destiny as the first expansion, The Dark Below, unlocks today, December 9th, at 9am GMT (1am PST).
The features of the expansion include:
- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- Light Level cap raised to 32
- 5 additional Bounty slots added
- New Cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota
- 3 new competitive multiplayer arenas – Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron
- New Hive story missions that culminate in battles with a Hive god and his powerful minions
- New Tower Character, Eris, with new Hive-themed weapons and gear to earn
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End
Bungie have released a hotfix ahead of the expansion going live which promises to increase the difficulty across Daily and Weekly challenges. The hotfix also irons out a few bugs with the expansion and hints at new gear being available. The full patch notes can be viewed on the Bungie Website.
Players who grab the expansion before Jan 15th 2015 will be gifted an EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow capable of performing all kinds of crazy stunts.
Expansion I: The Dark Below can be bought standalone for £19.99 or as part of the Destiny Expansion pass for £34.99. The Expansion pass also gives you access to the second expansion, House of Wolves, which is due for release next year.
EF will be bringing you a full review of The Dark Below later this month.